Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Facebook can be toxic

Sometimes Facebook can be toxic. What am I talking about? People's opinions run wild and people stop caring about other's opinions, beliefs, feelings, or convictions. Facebook can cause church members to go at each other's throats online but act as if nothing happened in person. The internet can cause you to be someone online who you are not in real life. 

One thing I have noticed recently is how conservatives are calling liberals evil. Or how they are arguing with other conservative friends and making thinly veiled insults. This is unacceptable. There is no enemy and we should stop seeing each other as such. 

On my facebook feed (I'm unsure about y'all's) I noticed that there has been a huge gun debate going on. I am not happy about this and I'll explain why in a minute. I have also noticed debates such as immigration, why Trump is a jerk, why Trump is not a jerk, why Hillary deserved the presidency, why she didn't, why the FLOTUS is inconsiderate...

When did we suddenly get so involved in politics? Most of the people on my facebook were never involved until Trump became president. It's like they have a new found freedom to be unkind just because they have a president that speaks what they are thinking. Let me say, if he is saying what you are thinking then maybe some of you need to repent. 

Now we will get to the gun debate. I am disappointed with all of you. Right wing, left wing, the entire bird. You don't even wait until the bodies are cold before you start arguing about gun rights. You don't even give families time to grieve, you start while the emotions are running hot. A lot of you didn't even wait until the day was done. I am disappointed and grieved. What does it say about you that you can't wait? What a selfish generation I live in. 

But, you know. I'm just a pastor's kid, what do I know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment